Who am I?Alexandra Tresman MA , MBACP (Accred)
My name is Alexandra Tresman and I am an experienced Child and Young People's Counsellor and Integrative Psychotherapist with Adults practising in Harpenden, Hertfordshire.
My experience has been gained over many years in various settings such as NHS (Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service, Adult Primary Mental Health Service), Local Authority, charities, counselling agencies and my private practice.
I work with children from the age of 5, young people, adults and couples. I currently work as a School counsellor/psychotherapist for Children's Specialist Services for Hertfordshire County Council.
I am passionate about helping children and their parents, teenagers and adults, move out of pain and confusion and lead happier and more fulfilled lives.
- Masters Degree in Contemporary Therapeutic Counselling
- University Diploma in Psychodynamic Counselling
- Certificate in Therapeutic Counselling
- Certificate in Solution Focused Brief Therapy
- Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Specialised training in Children and Adolescents Therapy
- Specialised training in drugs and alcohol addictions
- Certificate in Couples Counselling
- Certificate in Groupwork training
I have further training in art therapy and play therapy.
I practise integrative therapy which means I am experienced in working with several approaches. I draw on Psychodynamic, Person-centered, Cognitive behavioural therapy and Brief Solution focused therapy. When appropriate I also include Art therapy and Play therapy when working with children. Working integratively enables me to offer the type of therapy, or combination of therapies that is most appropriate for the particular needs of each client.
Over the last few years I have developed a special interest in working with the following issues:
- Children, young people and adolescents counselling
- Mental health issues
- Abuse (mental, physical, sexual)
- Self harm
When considering working with a psychotherapist or counsellor, it is important to confirm that they are members of a recognised governing body. This ensures they have sufficient training and expertise, and are professionally and ethically accountable. I am an accredited member of the UK main governing body the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (bacp), with whom I am professionally registered as a counsellor. I have a full professional indemnity insurance and hold an enhanced CRB check.